Wednesday 6 March 2024

AHPC XIV: From GrahameH - 15mm Italian Wars and Swiss Burgundian Wars - Essex Miniatures

 Decided I needed a break from painting Cold War green (not quite true I am just half away through the basing of another Battlegroup) so had a look at to see what I could paint for my Italian Wars. As I mentioned in a previous post, I am completing my large Italian Wars armies and coming to the realisation that it couldn't fit on a 6" X 4" table. So I decided to split it up and have smaller armies representing each of the warring powers (MADNESS!!!). Having completed the army list it seems to need to paint even more figures, and having some pikemen left over I decided to start painting my Swiss for the Swiss Burgundian War. 

So first up are some Pike Blocks for Venice. Figures are Essex and Flags are from Petes Flags on Ebay. 3 blocks, each made up of 48 figures



The Swiss - Again 15mm Essex and Petes Flags. Each block consist of 48 figures, portraying the Zug, Obwalden and Zurich Cantons 






More Pike painted as the Soluthurn and Berne Cantons




Then three blocks of 32 fig halberds. Appenzell, Glarus and Obwalden Cantons





Finally some artillery



That it for this submission.

No comments: