Sunday, 30 August 2026

Off the Workbench - Mike: 28mm VBCW BUF Assault Troops.

A small batch of 7 x 28mm VBCW BUF Assault Troopers was finished off this week.

The completed group of seven Assault Troopers

These little guys were kit bashed from Wargames Atlantic WW2 Italians and WW1 British, with a dash of bits from the spares box. The exception is the prone Bren Gunner, who is a spare figure from the Wargames Atlantic WW2 BEF set.

Left to right  - NCO with Tommy Gun, Rifleman, Bren Gunner and another Rifleman

Having Italian leggings and jackets gave these figures some additional flare, I have added British backpacks where possible but as I ran out of these I pressed a couple of American packs into service. I have given them all British Helmeted heads, apart form two who have jaunty BUF caps on instead, albeit with tin hats suspended from their belts.

Left to right  - Rifleman, Bomber with Grenades & Shotgun, Tommy Gunner and a Rifleman

Jackets have been painted with a speed paint mix to give a dark grey finish, trousers are British Khaki and Puttees are blue - a nod to BUF colours. I have kept the tin hats green but have added a BUF 'Thunderbolt' badge to the front of each.

Close up of one of the Riflemen and the Bomber,
note the bandolier with shotgun cartridges and the BUF Thunderbolts on their helmets

As Assault Troopers, these guys have a potent mix of Tommy Guns, Grenades and Repeating Shotguns to give them a real punch in Hand to Hand fighting but maybe a little under powered for longer range fire fights...

No comments: