Monday 14 March 2022

AHPC XII: From Mike W - Oathmark Human Infantry

 Following on from Millsy's fabulous Oathmark Infantry Post last week, here I present my take on the same subject. Unlike Millsy's more uniformed unit mine represents a militia that has been formed from a variety of local sources and unified by shield and helmet colours - the guys themselves wearing their usual civilian clothes.

The completed Unit of 30 Rural Militiamen

So the unit is built from a whole box of these figures, 30 in all and I decided to give them all a spear, except the commander who has a sword. The unit's champion also carries a spear but has the bonus of a full helm to give some extra protection.

Another view, I deliberately gave some a round shield from the Spares Box to imply different equipment sources

As ever I started with a white undercoat and then applied a range of 'rural' colours in greens and browns, all figures have leather jacks of one type or another, some have cloaks again in various colours. I gave the unit commander a red cloak to help him stand out.

Shield transfers were from old Games Workshop Britonnian figures

Once painted I then went on to the shields, using green & yellow as a unifying the figures into a unit, I found some old Games Workshop transfers of Fleurs-de-Lys and shields to add some symbols to the shields. Yellow and Green is one of my favourite combinations just as they are my local town's colours. I also added yellow & green panels to a number of helmets for added unit identification.

First of a series of close-ups, Comander & Champion centre, flanked by two Sergeants

As ever the bases were completed with a fine sand and electrostatic grass mix that I have pre-made.

Rank & File Rural Militiamen

I claimed a Squirrel Point for the Oathmark Fantasy Human subject matter

More Rank & File Rural Militiamen

And more...

Final group of Rank & File Rural Militiamen