Wednesday 4 April 2018

Off the Workbench - Mike W, 04/04/18

What's Off the Workbench today,Wednesday  4/4/2018?

Well it's been nearly a month since my last posting, sorry about that but to be honest I found other things to be doing and my rate of painting also dropped....

... a bit of variety always makes for a more balanced approach, so they say.

Well since my last post I finished the 28mm Boot Hill Mounted / Dismounted Vaqueros and Texians, see group picture below and apologies for cutting the head off the mounted guy on the left!


The other set of figures that I completed were the Tres Villas Grenadiers, again 28mm Boot Hill miniatures, these are as shown below.


What's On the Workbench today?

Just  few figures really, three Boot Hill 28mm dismounted cavalry men, from the command pack. The NCO has been painted up in the Regulars red jacket, whilst the officer and bugler are in the green jackets of the active Reserve Cavalry - more Reserve troopers to be added in due course. These guys are nearly done,just waiting on the bases to have vegetation added and a matt varnish to be applied.

More observant readers will notice three painted horses in the background of the picture to left. These are for the mounted versions of the cavalry figures - unfortunately I seem to have lost these little guys in the last four weeks so I may need to acquire some more.

Finally to right are 3 x 28mm Boot Hill Mexican sentries in various poses - painted up to join the ranks of the Tres Villas Infantry Battalion, these are much less near to completion!.

Projects for the next week or so will be either a new Anglo-Dutch Wars Brandenburg Infantry Regiment or some more Mexicans - I'm expecting a delivery of some First Corps figures in the next couple days. Lets see what takes my fancy!