Tuesday 14 July 2020

Daleks without the 'R'

By way of a change, a quick video of some Dr Who Daleks that I painted some time back.

The figures are really cheap, originally from the front of a magazine (I believe) and cost bust a few pence each. You can buy them off eBay in packs of 10 or 20+ and I have simply glued them to a 2 pence (or similar sized MDF disk) and given them a wash in Army Painter Dark Tone.





Once the wash was dry I used a silver 'Sharpie' marker pen to add the disks on the body work, painted grills silver and added orange lights on their heads and a sky blue dot for their eye.

Job done after another coat of matt varnish. I must admit it could be argued that they should have a more glossy finish, that, is something I'm considering when I get round to buying a semi-gloss finish varnish spray...

... until then - they'll do!

Dalek Roles

Currently have 20 x Red Daleks, 6 x Blue, 12 x Light orange, 4 x Dark Orange, 2 x Green, 2 x Yellow and 2 x White. You can see what they are for basis picture above!

Cheap Dr Who Figures available from eBay,
if you look carefully!