Sunday 26 September 2021

More 15mm Dutch and German Napoleonics

 by Grahame Horwood

As promised here are the Napoleonic Dutch and Baden Brigade I have just finished off.  All are AB 18mm figures.

The Dutch

I’ve painted four battalions, and because I liked the flags so much, I painted the 1st battalions of four different regiments. The flags are GBM. Each battalion is 36 figures bases on a scale of 1 to 20 (Steve will be well please that I am now considering scale at last). There are also 2 skirmisher figures per battalion.

Photo 1 The Dutch Brigade

Photo 2  the 2nd Regiment in light blue facings


Photo 3 the 3rd Regiment in Red facings (coming soon...)

Photo 4 the 4th Regiment in pink facings

Photo 5 the 6th regiment in green facings.


The Baden Brigade

Again, using the same scale for the battalions. These are AB figures, but as AB don’t make Baden figures, these are Austrian figures painted as Baden. I did consider using The Wurttemburg or Bavarian figures, but thought the Austrian helmets looked better.

There are four infantry battalions form two Regiments, the 2nd and the 3rd. I also have a foot battery and a Dragoon regiment. Each infantry regiment consists of 36 figures and the Dragoon’s 24.

The artillery and the Dragoon Regiments are AB Bavarians painted as Baden.

Photo 6 the Baden Brigade

Photo 7 2nd Baden Infantry Regiment

Photo 8 3rd Baden Infantry Regiment

Photo 9 Baden. Dragoon Regiment

Photo 10 Baden Foot Artillery


These two brigades will fit in with my French Brigades to make up a Division etc, so i haven’t painted any Brigade Commanders

I am currently finishing my Wurttemburg Brigade, which turned into a Division. Sometimes I just can’t help myself. So these should by up next. After that it is likely to be the Italians now that my order has arrived from AB.