Friday 16 December 2022

2022 Game Details

 By John S


Yes! It’s that time again……..

I know what you’re all thinking? The year end is almost upon us and we don’t know who umpired the most games or what was the most played period! How will I sleep on Christmas Eve not knowing these important facts and why hasn’t that clod Sears told us?????

Well, fear no longer gentle pilgrim of all things military, for I have unearthed the evidence and having had all my musings audited, accredited and mulled over by diverse experts from the war gaming world, I can now report my findings as follows:

Most popular period (decided by most games put on):
  • 1st Place goes to Medieval with 5 games played.
  • 2nd Place goes to WW2 with 4 games played.
  • 3rd Place goes jointly to Boer War, Napoleonic and WW1 each with 2 games played.

Person who umpired (put on) the most evenings of play:
  • 1st Place goes jointly to Steve and Mark each having bossed us around on 10 occasions.
  • 3rd Place goes to me (John) having umpired on 9 occasions.
  • 4th Place goes to Matt having umpired on 5 occasions.
  • 5th Place goes jointly to Dave and Rupert each having umpired on 4 occasions.
  • 7th Place goes jointly to Phil and Mike W each having umpired on 2 occasions.
John's Diary
Last Place goes to Mikey who stood in for Steve on 1 (single) occasion. But if he hadn’t then Steve would have run away with 1st Place, hurrah!!

There you have it chaps, another fine year of gaming. Well done to all of us I think 🤔 but especially thanks go out to Mikey and Rupert for their willingness to host us time and time again.

Finally, please do not challenge my findings without proper evidence (none of this “well, I’m sure I put on more games
than that” nonsense) I have the ‘cast in stone’ diary which is hanging from a belt secured just above my crotch and is like a sacred bible and can only be interpreted one way; the Way of the Order as Brother Matthew and Brother Oliver will testify to………….