Friday 10 February 2023

AHPC XIII: From Grahame H - Another 15mm Mix

I am still focusing on getting some armies finished. So some more 15mm Midianites, Galatians, Prussian Napoleonic Cavalry and Early Republican Romans.

15mm Midianites (Essex Figures)

I can honestly say I am a bit fed up painting camels, but these, apart from some to be used with the baggage, are the last of them. Same as last time 16 double crew camels. 



                             


I felt that natural colours on the saddle cloths were a bit dull so I painted them brighter colours, so they would stand out more. However, not sure that was a good idea, so I painted the generals cloths in duller colours which now seems better. Oh well, live and learn, and they aren't too bad.

Next the General, two Sub-General (spot the old DBM players) and three camels on their own. I have started painting figures that are left in the packs once the army is completed. They can act as Heros in Too the Strongest rules or just extra baggage, but more importantly I don't want loads of unpainted figures hanging around and I can't bring my self to throw them away.







Points wise (see if I can get it right this time)

2 X Camel units of 16 camels (each camel = 3 figures) 96 X 2 = 192 pts 
The General (9 Figures) = 18 pts 
Sub Generals (10 Figures) = 20 
The "Extras" (6 Figures) = 12 Points 

Total = 242 points 

The Early Republican Romans 

I have now finished this army apart from the camp, which I will probably do after the challenge has finish. For some reason I think I am wasting time painting terrain when I could be painting figures!!

Three units of Triarii (Chariot Miniatures). Each unit is made up of 16 figures, rather than my usual 24, as they tended to operation in smaller units. I painted my Early Imperial Army red so, for a change, I painted this army white. 






Then finally some Italian Allied Cavalry (12 cavalry) made by Essex Miniatures. These figures come in the same poses, so I turned their heads at different angles just to try and make the figures look different. Many a figure has been decapitated by turning them too far. 




Another army finished (well apart from the Marching Fort). 

Triarii = Each unit 16 Figures (32 points) - 3 units = 96 pts.
Allied Cavalry = 12 Cavalry = 48 pts

Total = 141

Galatians

A mentioned before I was going to sell this army, as I didn't really take to the figures, but I hate parting with figures, but I already had an Ancient Briton Army. So I thought I could use these as a small Galatian army, which I think is what Museum Miniatures call them. I read somewhere that the units on a table should never be more than the tables length multiplied by the tables width. I have a 6 X 4 table, therefore the total units on the table should be 24. 12 units per army, plus perhaps some skirmishers. So I thought I give this a try, but for some reason my armies seem to become large than this. No idea why.

The Last of the Galatian are some Skirmishers (3 to a base, 15 bases)



The General and Extras (13 Figures)



Some Galatian Cavalry (Essex Miniatures - I am a bit of an Essex Fan-Boy) 16 Cavalry




And finally three Scythed Chariots. 

Apparently Galatians used these, although I'm not sure they has as many as I have painted? Added the reins too. It would seem I hate doing reins as much as I hate painting camels.





Skirmisher (15 bases each of 3 figures = 45 figures) 90 pts 
General etc (13 Figures) = 26 pts 
Cavalry (16 Cavalry = 32 Figures) = 64 Pts 
Scythed Chariots (3 made up of 5 Figures and the Chariot - 10pts for the Crew & Horses, 5 for the chariot) T= 45 pts

Total = 225 pts 

Napoleonic Prussian Cavalry (AB Figures)

My treat for painting the above, painting some more Napoleonics 😊

This is the the 6th Hussar Regiment (2nd Silesia). Some Prussians seemed to have two names just to confuse ME. (32 Cavalry). This regiment was painted as it was Green, and not BLUE, having got bored painting  a load of blue on Prussian Infantry prior to the challenge). You can obviously see now I get bored very easily. 





The 5th (Pomeranian) Hussars (back to Blue) (32 Cavalry)





64 Cavalry = 256pts 


And that is it until next Time.

No comments: