Tuesday 19 March 2024

AHPC XIV: From GrahameH 15mm - Venice and Cold War French

 Just finished off the troops from Venice for the Italian Wars. Nothing too taxing a pike block, some arquebusiers, crossbow  etc.  



48 man Pike Block.


Arquebusier 2 Units 18 figures each.



9 Figure Mounted Crossbow Unit.


18 figure Crossbow Unit (not sure I like the flags being at the back)


Sub Gen


4 Crew Artillery Piece 

All the figures are 15mm Essex. I made a bit of a mistake on the Sub General, by giving him the same flag as my other Sub General so will need to change that.

To celebrate finish off one of the Italian Wars armies at last I thought I'd give myself a treat and paint some more green. I thought I must becoming to the end of the NATO armies now, but it would seem I still have Battlegroups from Canada (I have been putting them off because of the strange colour camouflage their vehicles had in 1984), Belgium, Denmark and Sweden. You have to have Swedes they have the "S" tank. I have a serious problem. 

So the French. I again had painted all the infantry so it was just the vehicles to do. All 15mm from Battlefront and Butlers (3D prints)




The Recce Plt. A Butler print of a AML-60 



AMX-10P. Six of these, which are used for the Bn HQ, Mech Coys, Support Coys and as a FO.


A GCT 155mm SP. There are two of these Battlefront Miniatures.


And Six AMX-30Bs, making up two Armoured Companies.

That's it, or so I thought. As I said I have a problem and it would seem I had purchased another French Battlegroup. I can only assume I thought I needed more Infantry and I some VAB for completeness!!

So the second French Battlegroup - The Berlin Garrison.



Another AMX-30B Company (3 Tanks)


The Support Company, VAB APC with two Milan teams and a VAB APC with 120mm mortar. 


Another GCT 155mm SP (2 per Battery)


The Recce Plt with a M201 Jeep


AA Plt. 


An Infantry Company (there are 4 infantry companies in this BG)



A VAB. Theses are the transport for the infantry coys, FO and HQ


Finally a Gazelle, for a bit of air support. 

No comments: