Thursday 30 May 2019

2mm Teaser

by Dave 'Bug Eyes' Vallance

It gives me great pleasure to announce that all the infantry, both French and Austrian, have now all been finished for the 1859 war in Italy. The French alone amount to nearly 9,000 infantry figures (I may have missed one or two though).

I was going to do the facings, belts, scabbards etc, but they take sooooo long to do as in the monster scales, I gave up.

Three battalions of French takes me about an hour from undercoat to sticking onto the bases. Bigger stuff takes me three HOURS to put the undercoat on, once I convinced the buggers to stay stuck on the painting strips I use and not keep falling off!! And they only cost me a few pence and not a kings ransom for biggies...

Just some more French artillery to do, then the scenics (which is being built by myself).

Once ready, for your entertainment and delight, I'll be putting on the Battle of Magenta, 4th June 1859 (the colour Magenta comes from this battle, purportedly from all the dried blood on the white Austrian uniforms).

This battle is much bigger than the little on I put on way back in January 2018 (Battle of San Martino, which actually came after Magenta) and there will be room for several players.

So, watch this space...
...will the French wipe the floor with the pompous Austrians, or will the 'Kaiser's children' give the ' Les Pantalon Rouge'  a good thrashing?

Figures from www.juniorgenera.org