Saturday 1 August 2020

Border Ruffians, Hired Help #3 - More Irish

These little guys have been on the work bench for way too long! Finally got them finished yesterday.

Wargames Atlantic Plastic Figures, right hand figure with Warlord Games ECW musket.

There are four plastic figures from the new Wargames Atlantic Dark Ages Irish that can be used in period or easily adapted to Elizabethan Irish period. I have created a mash-up on one of these figures using parts from the Warlord ECW Infantry set to add a musket to the figure to place him squarely in the Elizabethan period.

Kern with Javelins

Kern with Spear and Shield

Kern with Sword and Shield

Kern with Musket and sword

There are also two Irish Wolf Hounds from the Wargames Atlantic set, that can obviously be used for any period as well.

Who let the Dogs Out!

On top of that there are five figures that I purchased off Steve, some years ago and these were put into service in my War of the Roses armies. I have now re-based these and repainted to tie in with the other Irish I have in this current collection. Looks like another 40-50 of these guys, I got from Steve, that I'll work on as well.


One of the re-based WoR Irish, originally painted by Steve

I added hand axe to the right hand figure,
second right figure is a Gripping Beast figure I added to Steve's group.