Wednesday 8 December 2021

Favourite Toys - Mike W's Airfix Kits

 

So here is my list of favourite Airfix kits covering the WW2 period. I've actually opted out of the British section and included Russians as a replacement - for some reason I didn't have may British kits especially the tanks as they all had such fiddly small road wheels on the tanks. 


GERMAN

Largely in agreement with Nigel on the German kit, my Messerschmitt 109s had a yellow nose cone with a red propeller hub, note sure if it was a proper paint scheme but rather something I'd seen in eth film 'Battle of Britain'. My German interests were largely with the Afrika Korps, so naturally I also had the reconnaissance set and I've also nominated the Second edition Figure set.

Aeroplane 

Messerschmitt Bf109

Vehicle  

SdKfz 222 and a fabulous bonus Kubelwagon

AVF

Panther Tank in suitably North African Setting

AMERICAN

Aeroplane  

P-51 Mustang

Not big into aircraft but I did have the Mustang...

Vehicle 

Dodge M6 Anti-Tank Gun Carriage

A bit of a departure in scales here - 1/35, instead of 1/72. Loved this it as I used it as mobile support in games with 1/32 Airfix figures.

AVF - 

Lee / Grant Tank


I find myself in agreement with Dave here, the Lee/Grant, how could you go wrong? A big old gun in the front and one in a turret on top as well...


RUSSIAN

Aeroplane  

Pe2 - The Russian Lightning

As said not big into aircraft but I did have the Pe2

Vehicle 

Nothing nominated as I don't think Airfix did Russian vehicles!

AVF - 



T34/85 Tank

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.