Friday 17 March 2023

AHPC XIII: Grahame H - Lord of the Rings and even more Napoleonics

The second and final post contains some Games Workshop Lord of the Rings (LOTR) figures and even more Napoleonic cavalry and artillery. Hopefully, there is a little more colour than the last entry, well apart from the Gondor troops.

LOTR - Gondor

The LOTR are again Gondor figures, although this time I have put some grass on the bases which I think I like better than just a lonely tuft, as show on the figures in a previous post. These figures were a cheap purchased, years ago, from Ebay. 

Numenor Warriors (12 Figures = 60pts)


Gondor Archers (31 figures = 155pts)


Gondor Swordsmen (2 Figures = 10pts) - Photo bombed by a couple of Gondor spearmen


Gondor Spearmen (13 Figures = 65pts)


Total for Gondor Figures = 290pts


MORE NAPOLEONICS "HURRAH"

Love Napoleonics, and some of you may have noticed I love painting Napoleonic Cavalry 

Spanish Cavalry (AB Figures - Unit of 24 Cavalry = 96pts)

This was the only Spanish Cavalry I had left to paint and I can't now remember which regiment I painted it as, and I can't find the Reference Book at the moment. Anyhow they are done. 


Russian Napoleonics (AB Figures)

Some of the Cavalry Units are not shown here in full, as I had already painted part of the unit before the challenge. However, all the Cavalry would usually be 30 figures strong. 

The Lithuania Uhlans (27 Figures = 108pts)


Pavlograd Hussars (27 figures = 108pts). Front rank with lances.


Irhoutz Hussars (30 Figures = 120pts)

These don't have the lances in the front rank, this is because they were Dragoons converted to Hussars in 1812 so I don't know if they received lances. Some Hussars Regts didn't get their lances until 1813. Really, I forgot to order hussars with lancers and only ordered normal hussars 😫


Mitau Dragoons (30 Figures = 120pts)


Kharkov Dragons (30 Figures = 120pts)


Mounted Guard Regt (30 Figures = 120pts)


Empress' Cuirassiers (18 Figures = 72pts) because you have got to have troops with pink facings in your army


Don Cossack (20 Figures - 80pts) One of the many small Cossack units in my army. Don Cossack were apparently known for their red lances.


Russian Limbers (4 Limbers (3 Foot and 1 Horse). Gun 4pts, Limber 4pts and crew and horses 18pts = 26pts per Limber.

Total 4 Limbers = 104 pts 




Russian Heavy Battery (6 Guns and 24 crew = 72pts)

Russian Batteries were large units and so are represents in General de Brigade with 4 Guns and two howitzers. Being a heavy battery these are modelled with  4 X 12pdrs and 2 Licorne. 


And that is it.

Total for this post 

Gondor 290pts

Spanish 96pts 

Russian 904pts

=1290pts 

I can now take down the table that I have had set up in the living room for painting for the last three months. Thank everyone running and taking part in this year challenge, especially Curt and my long suffering "Friday Minion" PhilH, who has had to re-total every entry I have submitted. REALLY SORRY PHIL 😳 

So Overall Result

Tennis elbow, a sore neck, a stiff back and a very small bit of the lead mountain painted, which I dare say will be replaced by new lead in the near future. My name is Grahame and I have a problem....

But best of all, loads of fun.

Again thank you to every one involved in this years challenge, can't wait for next year. Might have to buy some more Napoleonic Cavalry though.

No comments: