Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Off the Workbench - Mike: Sci Fi & VBCW

This post starts with the completion of 6 x Human Army personnel, armed with blasters and including an RPG team.
The figures are based upon WW2 German infantry in winter suits, they came from the front of a magazine and were donated to me by Grahame. I had no use for them as WW2 figures but they have been adapted to join my ever growing ranks of Sci-Fi figures.

The RPG Team.

The heads, arms & weapons are all spares from Northstar StarGrave and Wargames Atlantic frame that I have used in earlier projects, these sets come with lashings of spares so it is good to get to use  them.

Two Army types with Blaster variants

And two more little Army men (and woman) again with blaster variants.


Next up is a batch of 11 x VBCW Regular Infantry to join my swelling factions for this game. The figures are basically the Wargames Atlantic BEF set (I purchased 2 x frames to see what they are like). They are lovely figures and I have now decided that these guys will be the Regulars in my VBCW force and the WW1 figures that I have been painting up to now will be redesignated Territorial Army types.

4 x Regular Riflemen, all with Lee Enfields


Another view of the above showing that one is a designated 'Bomber'

These guys have the 1938 webbing and Battledress uniform, so I can justify these as being Regulars as they have the new kit. The WW1 types in my collection with the older webbing pattern and older tunic types can be justified as territorials. Note: I remember seeing my Granddad in the photo when he was in the pre-Ware TA and he was wearing WW1 uniform & kit.

5 more riflemen, these all have the unadorned Bordie helmets


And another view. Note the Lee Enfields with a bayonet attached
have come from the Wargames Atlantic WW1 infantry set!


Regular Mortar team

The Regular Army Mortar Team, will need to be expanded to include a No.3 but that is an excuse for me to get some more of these lovely figures.

Currently I have some BUF Assault Troopers on the workbench and some civilian militia to build in the near future, not to mention the need to complete some rather nice Norhstar 1672 Musketeers!

No comments: