Tuesday 13 August 2024

I lied! More Orcs instead of Landsknechts....

That's right, I got distracted by some shiney 'new to me' models, before embarking on a lengthy build of Landskbekt figures from the box. Don't get me wrong, I quite like building figures but I like painting them better!

This time the distraction was a lot of 21 Orcs from eBay that landed on my doorstep last week  just as I was bracing myself to start on an afternoon of snipping, cutting and gluing a bunch of Warlord Games 28mm figures.

Being weak willed, I opted for the painting rather than the building. I approached this Orc group in a systematic manner, undercoating in black, before a grey then White dry brush on heads, hands, legs and equipment areas.

The fully ramnked up unit of 21 Orcs, just need to look for some command figures to add to the rank and file. There are some spare command guys in my collection somewhere - I'm sure of it!
I then aplied Army Painter Orc green to all flesh before a mix of colours to their clothing. Leadbetcher was used for all armour and when dry I highlighted the flesh with GW goblin green.

Second rank of orcs
I added brass details to weapons, warnings etc and then spent time detailing the Orcs' mouths and teeth. A dark wash was used on the figures before varnishing and basing.

Third rank of orcs
Another Orc regiment completed!

So you'd expect me to now go on to the Landsknechts but what was that noise? It's another bundle of Orc goodness landing on the hall floor...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.