Well this has been such a terribly hot couple of weeks here, it has been hard to do any painting. The paint drys almost before you can get it on the figures!
Nevertheless less I have persisted and created 15 new VBCW figures in the last 10 days or so. When it was too hot to paint it was perfect for kitbashing and drying the old plastic glue.
For this post, I offer a squad of 10 militiamen plus 5 more Regular Army. The Regulars are all based upon Wargames Atlantic WW1 British so I won't go into too much detail there.
The other10 man squad are based upon 1 frames of Perry Miniatures Zulu Wars British! I have used WA WW1 heads to provide 1939s tin hats, backpacks from various British WW2 frames by Perry Minis and Warlord Games. I also sourced the arms and weapons from various frames if British WW1 & WW2 infantry to provide Lee Enfields, a Lewis Gunner and an Officer with pistol.
I gave these figures a grey uniform with Khaki webbing and pads and brown leather gaiters, I think this gives them a quaint anachronistic look...
I haven't yet committed to which faction these guys will belong. Possibly the Anglican League or alternatively Royalists.
| NCO pointing the way and a rifleman |
When I decide armbands and shoulder designations of the appropriate colour will be added.
Although my main aim is to have a Socialist flying Column built into a tabletop army list, they'll need some opposition!
| % more Regulars to join the team |
The regulars pictured above will bulk out my existing force, his group includes a second Lewis Gun team and a Bomber alongside two new Riflemen.
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.