Wednesday 22 January 2020

AHPC X - From Grahame H: German, Moguls and Lombards (600 points)

GrahameH Painting at Last

I have spent the last year and a half re-basing my Napoleonic armies and I am now about a quarter of the way through. Having got this far I have discovered I actually dislike re-basing. So I entered the challenge this year to ensure I painted something other than Napoleonics, and to see if I could at least attempt to lessen the metal mountain.

So first up is....
German Infantry guns 15mm by PSC

These 3 15mm infantry guns and 2 MGs are all from the PSC. Not my favourite figures but a lot cheaper than buying them from Battlefront, and at a distance you can’t tell anyhow.

Next. Well I couldn’t just stop painting Napoleonics. Two Swiss officers. I have just re-based four infantry battalions of Swiss and brought then up to 36 figure battalions, from 24. The two commanders complete that unit. 15mm AB figures.

Swiss officers - I do like Napoleonics



Unable to decide what else to paint I just open a draw and pulled out a bag. Actually two bags that were stuck together. The first was the figures left over from my mongol horde, the other was a Lombard army I purchased cheaply. I have no idea why a bought a Lombard army but I think it is the
Law that if you bought them you have to paint them.

So first up the Mongolian horde, or rather two units of cavalry. To finish this army I need to paint one more cavalry unit and a camp. Well I don’t need too but as I have already bought them.

18 x 15mm Mongols


Finally some Lombards. All 15mm Essex. I have two more units of archers and a camp to paint to finish these which I will hopefully do tomorrow.


36 Lombard archers

The Lombards wore tunics with broad bands and white wrappings around their legs and were know to the Gepid as “white-legged hacks”, so these were a little bit different to paint.

Most of the Lombard army, or rather the period I decided upon, were cavalry. I Hate painting horse. I gave each man a coloured shield, much like the vikings and then found they would have probably been leather with bronze studs. So I had to repaint them. However, as the opposing army is likely to me made up with some of the same figures it will at least allow be to identify the difference sides.

36 Noble Cavalry


27 er! Non-Noble cavalry

And another 27


The General 7 figures
That’s it hopefully I should get the last bits done for these armies to tomorrow.

Germans:
15 x 15mm crew figures @ 2 = 30 points
2 x 15mm MGs (I'll treat each MG as a foot figure) = 4 points
3 x infantry gun @ 4 =12 points
Subtotal = 46 points

Swiss Napoleonics:
2 x 20mm mounted @ 8 = 16 points (AB figures get scored as 20mm for some historical reason)
Subtotal = 16 points

Mongols:
18 x 15mm mounted @ 4 = 72 points

Lombards:
36 x 15mm foot @ 2 = 72 points
97 x 15mm mounted @ 4 = 388 points
Subtotal = 460 points

Total = 594 points

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.