Saturday 20 March 2021

AHPC XI: GrahameH: 15mm Brunswick at Waterloo and a few Confederates

So this will be my last post for this years challenge, although looking back there wasn’t many. I did do better than I expected.  Hopefully this post won’t have so many spelling mistakes as the last one, although I was in a rush to post something last time.

First up is the two Milan Teams I missed when completing my Cold War British. Battlefront Miniatures (8pts)


The Brunswick Army at Waterloo

I seem to paint Brunswick figures a lot then sell them on, but I will endeavour to keep these. All are 18mm AB figures. I got the figures last Saturday. As all they were all black thought I’d see if I could paint them before the end of the challenge. It wasn’t that hard in the end to paint them and I feel a bit of a cheat. I did try and paint them dark grey and then paint the straps black, but on 15mm figures it did really work, they still all looked black (see the jägers). So I didn’t waste the time.

The Duke of Brunswick (12pts)


 d’ Avant-Garde 

Light Companies (21 figures = 42pts)


The Jägers Companies  (21 figures = 42 pts)


Light Brigade

1st, 2nd & 3rd Battalions ( 35 figures per battalion, 2 mounted officers - Total 109 figures 218pts)


Line Battalions (Each battalion 32 figures and 2 mounted officers total 100 figures = 200 pts)


Horse Artillery Battery (one gun and four crew x 4  = 48pts)


Foot Artillery  (4 crew and one gun each x 4 = 48pts - limber 22 pts)

The cavalry and one limber were painted before the challenge. So that army is complete.

Now the challenge is over I have decided to revamp my Confederate Army. As I still had some time left, I looked through the mountain and found I had enough unpainted ACW figures (Essex) to make up 2 Regts


Each of 30 figures (60pts) and 2 mounted officers (8pts).

That’s it Total = 708 pts

I have really enjoyed the challenge this year and have managed to get three (all be it small) armies completed. Thank you to everyone one who made the challenge happen and all the kind comments.