Wednesday 3 February 2021

AHPC XI - From Mike W, [Lady Sarah] Ancient Egyptian Priestess

This is my second post of the day and is a submission to move me from Level Two of the dungeon to Level Three, at the grace of Lady Sarah! If this works I'll be placed at the Graveyard Beach. 

Now, I've never really got my head around the traditional logic that when the Egyptian undead rise the guys are grim looking all Mummies and Skeletons but the women remain beautiful princesses or priestesses! Still I can only work with the figures that are available!

The Egyptian Priestess

This is a Reaper Miniatures, Egyptian Priestess with he pet Baboon, mounted on a 2p piece.

I undercoated then figure in white and then applied a basic flesh colour, after drying I gave it a Flesh Wash and again when dry, I applied a lighter flesh colour as a highlight. The robe and bandage on the staff were done in a 'Linen' colour before applying a watered down brown wash and dry brushing linen again to give highlights.


I hesitate to say it, but here's the rear view...

The staff was painted blue and the Baboon 'Monster Brown', these were again given appropriate washes and then highlighted again. 

Final view, a slightly different angle

Gold jewellery was added and dark & light blue features added to finish off the figure.