Tuesday 2 February 2021

When the Claymores did Weald - A Rebel Song

 



A popular song that is being sung by many rebellious Scots has come to the notice of of His Majesty, King George II, people caught singing such seditious material shall be considered to be in rebellion against His Majetsy's Government. The words to this traditional song are said to have been corrupted by Colonel .John William O'Sullivan, a leading Jacobite Officer'

When I wauke up, well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who waukes up next to ye
When I go out, yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who goes along with ye
When I get drunken, well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who gets drunken next to ye
And when I haiver, hey I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's haivering to ye

And I would march 500 miles
And I would march 500 more
Just to be the man who rolls a thousand miles
To follow the Prince Charlie we adore 

When I'm faughting , yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's faughting hard for ye
And when the money, comes in for the fighting I do
I'll pass almost every farthing on to ye
When I come hame (When I come hame), well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who comes back hame to ye
And when I grow old, well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's growing old with ye

But I would march 500 miles
And I would march 500 more
Just to be the man who roles a thousand miles
To follow the Prince Charlie we adore

Da da da (da da da)
Da da da (da da da)

Da Da Da Dun Diddle Un Diddle Un Diddle Uh Da Da