Sunday 14 February 2021

AHPC XI: GrahameH. Austrian Armoured Cavalry and Cold War British 15mm

Having finished the army I was intending to paint for this year challenge, I decided to try and finish another army. So I have completed  Cold War British (well apart from 2 Milan teams I have just in the bottom of the box šŸ¤¬), but thought I’d give myself a treat and paint some Austrian cuirassiers from the late 17th century before I started. 



Both units are 15mm Essex figures and Barry Hilton kindly supplied the flags, even though they are not on his website. Each unit is 18 strong and I even tried a head swap on one the musician. I do love this period. (36 mounted figures 144 pts)

Having been suitably spoilt I then charged (Pun) straight into my Cold War British again, all 15mm.

Two British helicopters. The first a Gazelle and a Lynx, both are from Battlefront. I have since sorted out the transfers that appear a bit silvery in the photos. (16pts)

 
 


Next the tanks. 8 Chieftain (Battlefront) and 8 Challengers (Skytrex) (112pts)  or rather the other way around Challengers and then Chieftains


 

 


Four Warriors (Skytrex) (32pts)



Next my AA unit. A Saxon (Skytrex) 2 Mobile Rapiers (Butler 3D prints) and 2 M548 (Butlers) 40pts


Next one tonne land rovers and trailer (24pts)


An Abbot Battery a Ferret OP (QRF),  2 Abbots (Battlefront) a Ammo Carriers 32pts


Refuel unit (two 4 ton lorries, one ton Land Rover) 24pts


Royal Engineer Unit (40pts)


Field Artillery Battery. This is made up of two guns, 2 prime movers and an FO group.These are from various manufacturers, the guns and crew are from Army Bits, they are probably for a later army but painted up for the mid 1980s. (56pts)


Again probably for a slightly later period, but I had them so I’ve painted then are two MLRS from Battlefront (16pts)


A Battlefront FV 432 with Cymbeline Addon Radar kit (Army Bits) (8pts)


Two Battlefront CVR (T) FV 120 Spartans with Milan. These were just two kits I had left over (16pts)


Finally all the stuff I purchased and don’t need, but dare say I will find a use for them one day (9 vehicles 72pts)


And having got a big bored painting green and black, two Essex Bavarian mounted officers for my 1870 army (8pts)


That’s it for this post, now the total. Although I have only managed to get two or three posts done this year, I have got the final points total wrong so here hoping I have remembered how to count.