Saturday 11 April 2020

Quarantne Challenge: More Elizabethans and Border Ruffians

So my rate of output since the regular challenge has dropped hugely, partly due to using the regular challenge to push through my lead & plastic mountains has left me 'painted out' but also because I'm running a club campaign via eMail and that's taking up a lot of my time at present.

So I finally got the next group of my Elizabethans / Border Ruffians completed.

Auld Walt's Henchmen

The group of six foot figures are the Hoka Hey 'Auld Walt' and his family gang, they are a pleasure to paint and as with the Armstrong family I have designated two of them to be leaders and the other four to be their closest henchmen

View #1

So 'Auld Walt' is the grey haired guy in these two photo's and not having much imagination, I'll go with his companion being his son, 'Young Walt'

View #2

The mounting figures are three mounted senior officers or government officials, these are from Casting Room Miniatures if I remember correctly and are offered as Generals.

Again these figures were fun to paint, lots of horse flesh which I enjoy and then a good mix of armour types, sashes and leather attire.

Officers form the front

And from the rear!

Next up a job lot of Border horse, without riders! I plan to use horses from an old Perry's plastic WoR Mounted Men-at-Arms set to mount the majority of these.